Author: Scott R.
I had these at a local county fair and just had to try to make them. They are delicious.You can substitute your favorite dry pancake mix for the Bisquick. They are best when eaten warm. If you are want to try a lighter version, use lowfat milk, canola oil, and reduced fat Oreos.
Makes about 52 cookies
- 1 (20 ounce) package Oreo cookies
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons oil
- vegetable oil (enough for deep frying)
- Blend Bisquick, eggs, milk, and 3 tsp oil until smooth.
- Preheat your deep fryer to about 375°F (use a thermometer if you wish to deep fry in a pan).
- Dip the cookies in the batter mixture until totally covered and then place in the hot oil (cookies will float).
- Keep checking and turn over the cookie when bottom side of Oreo is brown.
- Keep a close watch because it only takes a short time to brown.
- Remove cookies and eat warm.